It is very important that the workforce of the organization should be flexible, should be able to perform more in less time and with fewer resources, and should possess skill sets that make sure that they are working in coordination with the organization’s goals and objectives. Having a focused and well-coordinated workforce in any organization forms the base for the success of the organization.
A major portion of the organization’s success and failure depends upon how well the workforce of that company is performing amongst the competition. Thus, to be sure that the workforce performance is according to the specified goals and objectives of the organization, it is important to evaluate the performance of the workforce
The importance of evaluating workforce performance :
In an organization, it is very important to have an idea of how well an employee is performing not only for the organizational benefit but for certain other reasons. Timely evaluating the performance of the employees confirms that the employees are working in the right direction from where they will benefit the company along with their own development. These are some of the points that clearly specify the importance of the process of evaluating workforce performance:
- Knowing the employee - The core objective of evaluating the performance of the workforce is to know the employees inside-out. The evaluation process helps the organization and the management to know about the strengths and weaknesses of the employee. By analyzing the operations that the employee or a team of employees are doing, the organization can be sure of each individual’s strengths and the challenges that they are facing while doing the task.
- Training - Once the higher authorities are sure about the strengths and weaknesses that the workforce is facing, the HR team can arrange some training and development sessions for the betterment of the workforce. These training sessions will help the workforce or any specific employee to overcome the challenges faced while delivering their duties.
- Setting performance goals - The evaluation of the present performance of the employees and workforce help the authorities and HR department of the organization to decide the future goals and objectives of the employee or the workforce. The evaluation of the present performance of the employees builds a basis of their future performance goals.
- Recognition - Another important reason to evaluate the workforce performance is to find the right person for recognition. The accurate evaluation of the present workforce helps the organization to know the efforts of the employees that they have invested in completing their specific assigned tasks and then to give them recognition in front of all the others employees for motivation.
- Rewards and appraisals - There cannot be any other better way to motivate the workforce or employees than by giving them the desired appraisals and awards. For being sure about the employees that have performed excellent and those who truly deserve this kind of motivation in terms of rewards and appraisal, an accurate evaluation of the performance of the workforce is an essential step in that direction.